Saturday, August 6, 2011

Self-atonement.

My name is Marko, and I am hella hungry. Yes, I'm a full-time stomachal jukebox with a vast selection of ravenous growls and groans. Yes, I'm a teenage male who, even though my thin physique may show otherwise, is an indomitable eating machine. Yes, I am slowly becoming broke because my abdomen has excused itself to take over my wallet at every McDonald's I pass by. No, this is not the type of "hungry" I am here to talk about.Secret Alley
I am hungry for life, something that my teenage angst has been slowly poisoning in the past couple of years. I don't mean to come across as too Chicken Noodle Soup for the Teenage Soul. I'm not here to help out another solitary adolescent spirit by recounting my highschool stories. In fact I'm here for myself. I am hungry for the satisfactions I got before I became a solitary, odiously-whiny-zombie-with-a-permanently-growling-stomach-who-spends-his-summer-days-watching-Netflix-in-a-dusty-couch. I am hungry for the inspirations I got before I became indifferent to them. I miss reading an enthralling novel by the sunny window. I miss drawing for fun. I miss writing for fun.
So here it is Marko. I am writing for you. I am sorry I have kept you away from your passions for inexplicable reasons. I am sorry I am such a dick to you. I am keeping a blog to show you that you are indeed capable of DOING something besides watching old episodes of SNL and devouring cheeseburgers.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed reading this post. :)

    p.s. Interesting blog there. Also I figured since you like fashion as much as I do and if you're not already following him (which, maybe you probably are) : http://www.thesartorialist.com/ . You should. Love it.

    ReplyDelete